Monday, November 10, 2008

Obama..

Well, around my area I had heard half rejoicing in this new "revolution" of Obama being president. The other half have threatened (someone, I'm not sure who??) to move to Canada. I thought I would rant about this.

First off, the good things. Well I'm not sure this is good but Medical Marijuana passed. I personally voted against it. I suppose the claims that have been made about it helping people, I really believe it. I'm just not sure it would be only used medically.(I guess not that it really matters, people already use it illegally anyways...) I just think of parents who have children, and all that could go wrong. We'll see, I suppose. All I know is, I bet only 3% of the population in Ottawa county, if that, voted yes for this. Thanks Detroit.

Secondly, stem cell research. Cool.

Thirdly, beer and wine sales no longer prohibited on Sundays here! At least this one makes complete sense.

Now, onto the Presidency. Did anyone REALLY think McCain would win? I'm sorry, but seriously? You see the hope that Obama inspires in young people, and black people. I'm not saying I side with him, but none the less, he had the people from the very beginning. Except in this county, and Texas, and the other few states that preferred McCain. :-P

I fear for Obama though, and his family. So many people are freaking out about the 2nd Amendment being taken away - understandable. And some think Obama is going to create white slavery. Well all I've got to say is, there is more us of them. And we have a ton of guns. It would be a civil war duece.

And, if he tried to take away the 2nd amendment, or hell, even restrict it more, hell would break loose. I am fairly sure he would be assasinated. I mean, people collect guns! They are gun enthusiests. People want guns. People who shouldn't have guns will get them regarldess, so why make it more diffucult for law abiding citizens to them when everyone else has them! That is like making good Americans vulnerable and defenseless. I want a gun.

I read that gun sales are spiking in fear of Obama taking away rights. Too bad I don't have enough extra cash to get one now, ya know, just in case...

AND - what is he going to do with the healthcase system?? Yeah, it sucks. Yeah, there are a lot of people who are uninsured, a lot of children - which is mainly what I care about. I mean, they have no choice. Parents can bust their ass and buy some form of insurance. It still sucks, but I don't know. I do know that I do not want to pay more taxes to have a universal health care system that sucks balls because everyone can get it. Especially people who don't work and don't pay taxes, hello--- I am not paying for your ass to get help. I don't know, sure, health care for everyone seems fair, but I do not think it would be good.

Just like *cough* Medicade people who abuse the system. People who call 911 for retarded things just because they have medicade. It reduces competiveness. Degrades quality. Should not happen. Hmm. I think I may do my persuasive speech on this.. anyways. Thats it for now! Feel free to agree with me, ha, or not. I could give 2 shits.

No comments: