I think back to when I was 16,17 and even 18. I was young, ambitious, rebellious. Yeah -- it was the life. I thought I could do anything I wanted, fuck authority. I had a good job at the time, even good for now, paying 8.75 an hour. It was part time but good money for a kid. I quit. I was jobless for a few months. I transformed.
This was the period of my life where I was the most free. I was ending my senior year, so basically I did nothing. I hung out with friends all the time, I smoked pot all the time, and went to Grand Rapids every weekend. I did what I wanted, when I wanted. No real obligations. It was awesome. During this time I also became politically active. Ever since I can remember giving a shit about politics, I always sided with democrats. I always thought abortion should be legal (of course you can't have one when your 7 months pregnant!) but you know.., or I always thought the war in Iraq was dumb.
Embarrassinglyenough, I have been re-evaluating where I stand. Why am I embarrassed? Because, admitting this is going against anything I had ever said.
But, maybe I never really knew what I was talking about before either..
I think we should help small businesses, they are what make society thrive. I most definitely believe in the right to have guns, and no one likes higher taxes. I don't want to spread the wealth. I have no money to spread. And when I finally get it, I don't want to give it to others by being forced to by taxes.
So I think I am ... *gulp* slowly becoming a re...pub....li...can..
according to a political test..
On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (51).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Conservative (72).
The results would have not been near the same a few years ago. Oh no, I am growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment