Saturday, September 6, 2008

My first...

Well hello to anyone who may discover this. I don't know why I keep making different blogs but oh well. I got inspired to make one on here because there are a few peoples that I like to read regularly and I figured I should just make one.

While I am at introducing myself, I figure I'll explain why I named my blog Turn on, tune in, drop out. I know this is a Timothy Leary reference; but that is not specifically why I chose it.

If you know the song "Handlebars" by Flobots, which most common people who listen to the radio at all should know it, you probably hate it, or have hated it at one point in time. I used to think it was the most ridiculous song, until I took a moment to actually listen to the words.. past the childish "I can ride my bike with no handlebars" part.

I mean the song is actually inspiring, saying you can do anything you put your mind to. You do not have to follow the cookie cutter way of life, rising to the time of a top notch corporation. You can invent whatever you want, you can have a voice without being the president, ANYBODY CAN MAKE CHANGE, anyone. All it takes is a voice, and we can all stand up for whatever we want.

And how does this relate to my blog name? Well when I read that statement I do not think of drugs, I think of getting lost in a song, letting music take control of all of your senses and fully absorbing it. Taking something away from that song, and feeling something inside. Dropping out of the world around you, and taking a moment for yourself. Everybody needs some time out from this world anyways, right?

---------
Write more soon.
---------

Well I think I am satisfied with the way this looks, for now. I have been reading 2 blogs on a regular basis which is why they are my only favorite ones as of now. I have no idea how I even found them. With my boyfriend being an EMT though, I find it very interesting to read other EMTs blogs. For the past year I have been thinking back and forth in my head if I want to do the same.

I have become so fascinated by it that I have read some of his book. The only medical training I've ever had what so ever is "babysitters training", which I believe taught CPR for children and basic first aid, but that was YEARS ago. I've been thinking, why not just go through the academy? There would be nothing to lose but a little money and some time, but it is always good to know those skills. I do not know if I would do anything with me being an emt, such as joining a volunteer dept or AMR; I just know I want to go through the academy. Maybe I'm just weird. :P I just like learning about important stuff, that could help someone. Sometimes you see things happen to people and you don't know what to do, I just want to be able to help.

1 comment:

EE said...

Do it. Take the class.

You read my blog, so you know how I feel about EMS in general, but the training is a great thing to have.