Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you...

on 9/11? I was in 8th grade then *giggles*

I was in my 2nd hour science class with Ms. Kelly. I hated her class. But she happened to have CNN or something of the like on. We hadn't really started class discussion yet or anything and I was watching the TV and just saw a plane going though the WTC. With the first one I thought, "Wow, what a terrible accident". Once the second one hit it was a little more obvious what was going on. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to continue watching this. I have NOOO idea why, but the principle made sure our tv was turned off.

So I was 13 at the time, and I don't think I understood much of what was happening. We talked about it after we saw that, I think.. I remember coming home from school that day - and it was all over the news.

I am still in shock about it, not surprised that it happened necessarily but of all of the people who were on the planes, in the buildings, and those who risked their lives to help them. I can't even grasp the terror of being in that situation.

Anyways, I tip my hat off to all the EMS who did their best to save everyone.

This was also if I'm not mistaken VERY close to when moms went crazy in my town, one mother made her two girls drink paint thinner and killed them. And another mother poured gasoline on her daughter, locked her in her room or something like that, and set the house on fire.

It was a devastating and shocking time my friends.

No comments: